prepared pancake batter (enough for about 6 pancakes)
4 strips bacon, chopped
1/3 lb. ground beef
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2/3 cup French fried onions, plus more for garnishing
sesame seeds for garnishing
1 tbsp. grill or bbq seasoning
bbq sauce to serve
1. Cook the bacon over medium heat until it is very crisp.
2. In the meantime, combine the prepared pancake batter with the cheese, spices,…
and fried onions.
3. Mix to combine.
4. When the bacon is cooked, add the ground beef and cook until it is totally browned and cooked through. The remove most of the beef with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan.
5. Move the beef in the pan into a small circle…
6. And layer about 1/6 of the batter over the beef. Top it with a few sesame seeds (a hamburger needs a sesame seed bun, right?!).
7. When the batter looks like this, with little bubbles all the way around the edge of the cake, flip it.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 until all the pancakes are cooked.
9. Drizzle with bbq sauce, top with extra fried onions, and serve immediately.
These are a gluttonous fat kid delight. The pancakes are fluffy and savory. Crispy bacon, juicy spiced beef, gooey cheese, those delightfully salty fried onions…who wouldn’t like this?! Be sure to use a good quality bbq sauce here, because it really brings the pancake-burger hybrid together. This is insanely and guiltily tasty. Try it and you will be hooked.