The workplaces of famous people

This one goes out to all the gamers out there

The art of Esao Andrews is seriously awesome

Do women see you as a leader?

What's it like to smoke DMT?

Anyone Else Think This ‘Open Carry’ Movement Is Getting Out Of Hand???

June 3, 2014 | 34 Comments » | Topics: WTF

Friends Of Caveman Circus:

The 33 Hottest Workout GIFs

Bored? Check Out These Hot Girls
Bored? Check Out These Hot Girls

A damn fine collection of Anastasia Ashley GIFs

busted coverage
Natalie Pack is seriously HAWT!

34 Responses to “Anyone Else Think This ‘Open Carry’ Movement Is Getting Out Of Hand???”

1. MortalDanger Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Eh…

These people are just demonstrating their right at a time in which it’s under fire, just like people do for every other right (gay rights, women voting, sit ins, etc, etc). Conceptually, it’s no different. That being said, anyone who open carries is an idiot, in my opinion.

I’m from Tennessee, I own lots of guns, I carry, but not open. We really don’t have those kind of things in the south because gun rights aren’t under attack, nobody cares – people are comfortable with guns and don’t feel the need to demonstrate.

Be that as it may, I guarantee you there won’t be any crime in any of these “open carry” demonstration areas, especially while someone in plain view has an AR-15 strapped on lol.

2. Not Stupid Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:08 pm

No, Americans exercising their rights is not “out of hand”. Get over it.

3. MortalDanger Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Yea, this site is starting to have a problem with gawking/insulting at other people’s convictions and beliefs – which in my opinion will make one a terrible kind of person.

That being said these people look like idiots lol.

4. BigBadBootyMacDaddy Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:15 pm

You can exercise your right without being a total and complete tool. I don’t want to bring my kids to a Chipotle or a McDonalds and have a fucking neckbeard stick his assault rifle down my throat.

5. desizombi Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:27 pm

“I guarantee you there won’t be any crime in any of these “open carry” demonstration areas” – what does that even mean?

You’re sound pretty sure of yourself, but still, how are you so sure of other people?

6. FU Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I’d love to throw a string of fireworks in their midst. I bet you could get them to start shooting at each other.

7. jaczor Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 4:16 pm

All these morons are going to accomplish is get their (and everyone else’s) open carry right to be banned. This coming from a guy that likes guns.

8. WallStreetGreed Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 4:48 pm

OK LMAO!!! =D

9. WallStreetGreed Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 4:56 pm

What they’re doing is very dangerous. There have been many accidental shootings because of open carry idiots.

Please answer this.

Can you tell the difference between a law abiding citizen carrying an AK47 and someone about to massacre everyone? I sure can’t.

10. An Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 5:13 pm

As someone who likes to go to the firing range once in a while and a believer in the 2nd amendment, I’m a little conflicted. Open carry can make you look like a tool, but people are gonna judge anyway. But open carry can signal to the baddies to think twice about committing a crime. Are these open carry people fearful that they’ll repeal the 2nd amendment? I don’t think that’s gonna happen anytime soon.

11. Deads Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 5:28 pm

And do you think might happen if one of these people that openly carriers a rifle gets into a fight?
    Someone by accident bumps into them, this person behaves arrogant, then the person carrying the rifle gets mad. Both sides throw insults at eachother and it all becomes heated. If the person carrying a rifle gets into a rage there is a chance that he or she might use his rifle.

I really do not get the point of people openly carrying rifles like that, you can not refute the intimidation factor that a large group of people that openly carry their rifles brings and that this might lead to them abusing this intimidation factor.

12. Deads Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 5:40 pm

By right i guess your refering to the 2nd amendment? Wel i consider it to be outdated and misunderstood.

People always quote the part about the right to bear arms but they forget the rest which i consider equally important.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free
    State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be
    infringed.So people are bearing arms but lets be honest, this is no regulated militia.
    There is no control and no mandated training.

So people are enjoying the fun and easy part of the amendment but are ignoring the part where the responsibility comes in. Yes i know not every weapon owner is like that, there are many who understand that owning a weapon brings a certain responsibility but there are a lot that dont.

13. TripleD_kingpin Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 5:55 pm

this is not the middle east, no need to carry an ak47 with me. a 9mm will do

14. MortalDanger Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Fortunately, you misunderstand our Constitution. I’m not going to go into it, it’s a forum on cavemancircus, but if you really want to be informed, you may want to take a class or something like that. See McDonald v. Chicago

It’s deeply ingrained in our nations history. It’s more than just the text. It’s history. Our forefathers were criminals :)

I will leave you with this (cuz it’s easy). The Federal Constitution is a floor for rights. States may grant greater protection. For example, Tennessee’s right is: “That the citizens of this state have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms with a view to prevent crime.”

15. Laughs at your small penis Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Real men don’t need guns

16. DrEvil007 Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 10:37 pm

The militia discussion is a reason for the right, not necessarily the only reason either. In the 18th C when this was written “well regulated” meant well armed in the context of the Amendment; it had zero to do with supervision of the militia by government officials. The reason for the right does not limit the actual right itself. Finally, according to 10 US Code 311 basically every male citizen between 17 and 45 who is not in the military is a member of the unorganized militia. It would be nice if those opposed to our civil rights would take five minutes to educate themselves on the issues before advocating the violation of those rights. Clearly, the most important part of the Amendment is: “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

17. DrEvil007 Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 10:38 pm

If they shoot at you they are a threat if they don’t they are not a threat. So simple even a cavemen can understand it.

18. DrEvil007 Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Serfs don’t need guns. Freemen need guns.

19. Hoof Hearted Says:
    June 3rd, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Dear Caveman,

Sincerely,
    The rest of the world (excluding Somalia pirates)

20. THATGUYWHOCOMMENTS Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 5:51 am

Open Carry is so stupid. Specially for Americans. They are complaining about their regular shootings (schools, or where ever), but still they want to be able to carry guns around openly and not be bothered by the police.

21. aerodawg Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 7:38 am

See, we have this thing call a Supreme Court, that settles these disputes as far as what parts of the Constitution mean. The collectivist militia argument has already been argued before the Supreme Court and it lost. Therefore, as a matter of law, you are wrong. It is an individual right. See Heller v DC for further information…

22. aerodawg Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 7:39 am

So all police aren’t “real men”? Or soldiers? That’s an interesting argument you make….

23. Bob Frapples Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 7:56 am

Really? Please provide a link to where there have been accidental shootings due to an open carry situation?

I’m not into this whole “open carry long gun” bullshit, but don’t start making up shit. You know there’s not been one incident.

24. Bob Frapples Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 8:00 am

“Wel i consider it to be outdated and misunderstood”

Thank you for the dumb opinion.

25. Rodzilla Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 8:16 am

I would just like to ask any of these open carry advocates a few questions:
    One – why is it that, since the defense for this always includes something along the lines of “because we want to be able to defend ourselves from attack”, but I have never heard of anyone ever shutting down a mass murder, etc. or even defending themselves from someone else.
    Two – why is it necessary to “be prepared to defend yourself” with an assault weapon, when a sidearm would probably be a better choice, in most situations. Please don’t answer “because I can”. In New York it is legal for women to walk around topless, but I doubt if most people want their 80 year old granny to do that.

26. Squirrelbuster Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 8:59 am

One – It actually happens all the time! You just don’t hear about it because most corporate media is being funded by groups that advocate gun control among other things. CNN isn’t going to do a story on the assistant principle of Pearl High School where he successfully detained a shooter with a .45, they’re going to show the story that makes you want to get rid of your guns. check the link –

Two- in most cases yes, a handgun would actually be the better option in a situation. But there are two reasons for assault rifles – 1. when I live 30 minutes outside of the closest town in TN, the average response tie for police is about 15 minutes. Is the burglar going to wait 15 minutes for the police before he breaks in? No. And 2. When there is a major civil disturbance (rioting, natural disaster, etc) the police as well as military will NOT be able to take your 911 call and help you when somebody is looting your home. If you want an example check out the Rodney King Riots and the Watts Riots in Los Angeles. The Police force AND the National Guard had their hands full and it was every man for himself. Also check out the devastation of hurrican Katrina and see how quickly society broke down. So really, that is “being prepared to defend yourself”.

27. Rodzilla Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

While you have weakened my argument somewhat, I noticed that, in 2/3 of the examples, the person responding to the shooter was either military, or off duty police, and no where does it mention even a long gun being used for defense, much less an assault rifle.
    Plus, as with the majority of these conversations, the pro side always tends to veer off the topic of open carry, toward defending their homes. Most people, I think, don’t care, a whole lot, about what anyone does in their homes, and that is not what this discussion is about. I do support a private citizen’s right to defend themselves, but I am just not able to resolve someone carrying a long gun around in public. They just seem to make people overly nervous. When even the NRA makes public that they feel these people are making gun owners look bad, that just strengthens my opinion.

I guess I will just have to take comfort that I live in an area where even a sidearm is extremely uncommon, in public.

28. squirrelbuster Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I’m sorry for not clarifying it earlier, but I don’t think this open carry movement is a good idea either. Even though I’m for gun rights, open carrying a handgun is a fine, but an AK, or an AR? that’s just overkill. They’re just scaring people, just like the gun grabbers are. Sorry for veering off topic, but even though these people are exercising their right, they aren’t doing it responsibly.

29. Rodzilla Says:
    June 4th, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Point taken. I think the operative word, here, is “responsible”. I am not in favor of taking away anyone’s guns, I just wish this kind of “in your face” demonstration would stop. It doesn’t seem to be helping their cause, as far as I can tell.

30. Jim Foster Says:
    June 5th, 2014 at 12:31 am

Real men are happy with the one gun they were born with

31. That Yellow Bastard Says:
    July 1st, 2014 at 5:20 pm

WTF. Do people really carry guns around like this?

32. That Yellow Bastard Says:
    July 1st, 2014 at 5:21 pm

If they shoot at you you’ll be dead and won’t be able to understand the difference.

33. mariajlandreth Says:
    July 4th, 2014 at 5:49 am

Josiah . although Jacqueline `s stori is surprising,
    last week I bought themselves a Chrysler from having made $5060 thiss month
    and-in excess of, 10/k last-month . it’s realy the easiest-work I have ever
    done . I started this 4 months ago and pretty much straight away was bringin in
    at least $78 per-hour . why not look here C­a­s­h­d­u­t­i­e­s­.­C­O­M­

34. courtneydfugate Says:
    July 8th, 2014 at 4:15 am

my buddy’s sister makes $87 every hour on the internet
    . She has been unemployed for 6 months but last month her payment was $19402
    just working on the internet for a few hours. go right here M­o­n­e­y­d­u­t­i­e­s­.­C­O­M­

Comments