White Supremacists Are Taking DNA Tests And They Are Not Happy With The Results

December 5, 2017 | 29 Comments » | Topics: Story

Neo-Nazis, it turns out, dig gene tests—but they often don’t like the results. Two sociologists, Aaron Panofsky and Joan Donovan, plowed through years of posts on the white-supremacist website Stormfront in search of accounts of people taking genetic ancestry tests to prove their whiteness. The pair tracked 153 users who’d gotten tested as they discussed their results across 3,000 posts on the site. About two-thirds of them were disappointed with the results, which found that they had something other than white European ancestry in their genome. 

They found that there were usually two broad types of responses to the news:

Rejection

The results spurred pretty vicious in-fighting as they squabbled to decide how ‘white’ you have to be in order to have membership in these groups.

When one of them revealed they were “61 per cent European,” another replied:

“I’ve prepared you a drink. It’s 61 per cent pure water. The rest is potassium cyanide… Cyanide isn’t water, and YOU are not White.”

Suggesting suicide seemed to be a pretty common theme with another responding:

‘You are not white, go kill yourself.’

Rationalization

Others tried to rationalize their “disappointing” results by using pseudo-scientific explanations.

For instance, if they discovered they were 95 per cent European, they would just write the other 5 per cent off as a statistical error.

Others were more creative:

“See, THIS is why I don’t recommend these tests to people,” one user said.

“Did they bother to tell you that there were Whites in what is now Senegal all that time ago? No?

“So they led you to believe that you’re mixed even though in all probability, you are simply related to some White fool who left some of his DNA with the locals in what is now Senegal.”

And others just blamed it on the Jews, saying the tests were part of a wider Semitic conspiracy.

The most bizarre, arguments, though, actually come around to something like a pro-diversity stance, or at least the bigoted shadow version of one:

“Still others used these test results to put forth a twisted notion of diversity, one ‘that allows them to say, no, we’re really diverse and we don’t need non-white people to have a diverse society,’” the study’s author wrote.

White Supremacist Cobb Finds Out He Has Some Black In Him:

 




The Ultimate Father’s Day Gift Guide