Husband Arrested After Wife Dies Following Meth And Sex- Fueled ‘Death Party’

January 30, 2019 | No Comments » | Topics: Story

meth death party

A man from Minnesota was arrested after his wife was discovered dead in their home following a methamphetamine-fueled “death party” that he had hosted for her after he checked her out of the nursing home she was in.

58-year-old Duane Arden Johnson was arrested on January 25 for criminal neglect after he called 911 and reported that his wife, 69-year-old Debra Lynn Johnson, had died. The authorities found Debra’s body inside the couple’s home on January 24 in the town of Searles, southwest of Minneapolis. 

The Free Press reported that Johnson told the authorities that he had medicated his wife with meth and that they had a “death party” because she didn’t want to take her last breath in the nursing home that she had been living in at the time.

He told the officers that they had meth, were “rocking out” to metal band Quiet Riot, and had sex in the hours before his wife died.

Johnson also told them that his wife, who had stopped taking all of her medication, started having convulsions from all the drugs but she allegedly would not let him call the police. He also said that he had to hold her down on their bed until she stopped convulsing and then died later. The elderly man then told the officers that he washed Debra’s body and wrapped her up in a sheet, “like the Bible told me to do”.

The much older woman had been prescribed anti-psychotic medication and also had a history of heart attacks, diabetes, and high blood pressure. When the responding officers arrived at the couple’s home, they found the words “Death Parde God Hell” written on the door, and also found several stolen guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Johnson was naked when he allegedly ran out of the house and told the officers that his wife was dead before he ran back into the home to take a bath. He then told the officers that he was washing all the “white and black things” from his skin. The man told the police that Debra died at around 8:30 a.m. but he waited a few hours before calling 911 to make sure she was dead. Johnson told the police that he had checked his wife out of the nursing home in the days that led up to the incident.

The elderly man was arrested on suspicion of criminal neglect and was also charged with felony counts of theft and receiving stolen property in connection to the guns. A post-mortem examination is currently being performed on Debra’s body to find a cause of death.

You Might Like