The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years. We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We’ve done larger things, but not better things.
We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete…
Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.
Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn’t cost a cent.
Remember, to say, ‘I love you’ to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
You might have encountered talks about SOPA/PIPA while perusing the internet lately and you might be scratching your head, wondering what all this banter is about, wonder no longer. I found a video that succinctly explains these bills in a manner conducive to you actually paying attention to it because a damn hot redhead is taking you through the stipulations of such bills being passed. Fight the power people! Spread the word and call you local representative and tell them what a crock of shiet these bills are.
A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty jar.
And proceeded to fill it with golf balls.
He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.
So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls.
He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.
The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with an unanimous Yes.
The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the space between the grains of sand. The students laughed.
Now, said the professor, as the laughter subsided, I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life.
The golf balls are the important things — your family, your children, your health, your friends, and your favorite passions — things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.
The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car. The sand is everything else — the small stuff.
If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.
If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.
Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your kids, take time to get medical check ups, take your partner out to dinner. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.
Take care of the golf balls first — the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled, I’m glad you asked.
It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.
Girls need to realize:
(this was written by a guy)
We guys don’t care if you talk to other guys.
We don’t care if you’re friends with other guys.
But when you’re sitting next to us, and some random guy walks into the room and you jump up and tackle him, without even introducing us, yeah, it pisses us off.
It doesn’t help if you sit there and talk to him for ten minutes without even acknowledging the fact that we’re still there.
We don’t care if a guy calls>OR TEXTS< you,
but at 2 in the morning we do get a little concerned.
Nothing is that important at 2 a.m.
That it can’t wait till the morning.
Also, when we tell you you’re pretty/ beautiful/ gorgeous/
cute/ stunning, we freaking mean it.
Don’t tell us we’re wrong.
We’ll stop trying to convince you.
The sexiest thing about a girl is confidence.
Yeah, you can quote me.
Don’t be mad when we hold the door open.
Take Advantage of the mood im in.
Let us pay for you!
dont ‘feel bad’
We enjoy doing it.
Smile and say ‘thank you.
Kiss us when no one’s watching.
If you kiss us when you know somebody’s looking, we’ll be more impressed.
You don’t have to get dressed up for us.
If we’re going out with you in the first place, you don’t have to feel the need to
wear the shortest skirt you have or put on every kind of makeup you own.
We like you for who you are and not what you are.
Honestly, i think a girl looks more beautiful when she’s just in her pj’s.
or my tshirt and boxers, not all dolled up.
Don’t take everything we say seriously.
Sarcasm is a beautiful thing. See the beauty in it.
Don’t get angry easily.
Stop using magazines/media as your bible.
Don’t talk about how hott Chris Brown,
Brad Pitt, or Jesse McCartney is in front of us.
It’s boring, and we don’t care. You have girlfriends for that.
Whatever happened to the word ‘handsome’/’beautiful’
I’d be utterly stunned by a girl who greeted me
with ‘Hey handsome!’ instead of ‘Hey baby/ stud/ cutie/ sexy’ or whatever else you can think of.
On the other hand im not sayin i woulndnt like it ether ; )
Girls, I cannot stress this enough: if you aren’t being treated right by a guy, dont wait for him to change!!
Ditch his sorry butt, disgrace to the male population
and find someone who will treat you with utter respect
Someone who will honor your morals.
Someone who will make you smile when you’re at your lowest.
Someone who will care for you even when you make mistakes.
Someone who will love you, no matter how bad you make them feel.
Someone who will stop what they’re doing just to look you in the eyes….and say ‘i love you’ ..and actually mean it.
Give the nice guys a chance.
- Although I do not believe in God, atheists can be (and usually are) annoying as religious idiots. Keep both your beliefs and lack of belief to yourself, no one wants to hear it.
- Circumcision is the worst decision and well-intended parent can make for their son. I am circumcised but I do not delude myself into believing that I am experiencing sex the way nature and evolution intended.
- You are friend-zoned because women construe your excessive emotionality and want as feminine and needy. A woman wants to lose herself and feel secure in your masculinity. Most women are emotional and neurotic enough without having to deal with your emotional bullshiet.
- Never tolerate a woman’s bullshiet. If a woman is emotional and upset, distract them: pick them up and dance, tell a story, take her for a walk. If that doesn’t work, leave her alone. If it never works, dump her. And remember, infidelity is never justifiable. A woman who uses you to rescue her, she will eventually use another man to rescue her from you.
- Emo and self-pity is narcissism disguised as depth, and this is why people resent your woe-is-me bullshiet.
- Contrary to popular belief, depression is not a painful experience. Depression is a numbing strategy usually developed in childhood as a way to keep you safe from the consequences of your anger. An emotionally healthy person can allow himself to feel anger without reacting to it. When you numb yourself from real pain (anger), you block off the joy in your life and become depressed.
- Cigarettes stunt emotional growth. Smoking seems fun because life at an early age is relatively easy. But look at a smoker in his/her 40 and tell me they look happy.
- Japanese culture is not amazing. Japanese culture is oppressive and stifling and that’s why so many nips kill themselves. Weeaboos have Peter Pan syndrome.
- Spend time with other men. Spending time with a hunting party (camping, sports, beach, pub, etc) creates a sense of belonging, well-being and safety in this world. It is also how we make connections.
- The older you get, the more you market value increases. At your age women are over-valued in society. By the time you’re 30 or 40, it will be a man’s market. Don’t be in such a hurry to commit.
- Do not have a child with a woman unless you have been with her for more than a few trouble-free years. If you have a kid with a cunnt, prepare to support a family that you will NEVER be part of.
- Sometimes your dick knows things better than you do. If you can’t get it up for a particular woman, that is your subconscious telling you that she is not right for you.
- Never marry a woman unless she loves you more than you love her.
- You impending sense of doom is nothing but emotional residue – there is nothing wrong. Even when something is wrong, nothing is wrong. You deal with problems as they arise, no big deal.
- Honor is a male abstraction, don’t expect women to understand.
Here’s a pretty awesome video of some dude listing off the many reasons why you should start living a life outside the bounds of Facebook. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m addicted to Facebook. I’m on that shiet all day long and constantly refreshing the browser to get new content, notifications, friend requests and fcuking pokes. And as a Facebook addict, this video is refreshing and gives me insight into how much I’m engorged in this world, when I take notice of the way I live my life, the things I do and the people that I meet is directly affected by how it would look on Facebook. I think me and Facebook need to take a little time apart from each other.
This one goes out to all the women who can’t keep a man and don’t understand why. Women on the cusp of having their boyfriend break up with them, you listen up as well, this applies to you too.