I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever.
- Neil Gaiman
Much like the Anderson Silva/Chris Weidman match, leaving your hands down to disrespect your opponent has dire consequences, as this Shaolin Monk learns this invaluable lesson the hard way. Dude drops his hands and lets the dude tee off on him, gets knocked out worse than Deebo. Skip to 4:20 for the action.
You don’t have to settle, it’s simply a choice you make every day. If you feel like you’re running in place there’s a good chance you’re tolerating things you shouldn’t be. It’s time to reclaim your life.
Starting now, stop tolerating…
- People who bring you down. – Relationships should help you, not hurt you. Spend time with nice people who are smart, driven and likeminded.
- A work environment or career field you hate. – Don’t settle on the first or second career field you dabble in. Keep searching. Eventually you will find work you love to do. If you catch yourself working hard and loving every minute of it, don’t stop. You’re on to something big. Because hard work ain’t hard when you concentrate on your passions.
- Your own negativity. – Be aware of your mental self-talk. We all talk silently to ourselves in our heads, but we aren’t always conscious of what we’re saying or how it’s affecting us. Start listening to your thoughts. If you hear negative thoughts, stop and replace them with positive thoughts.
- Unnecessary miscommunication. – Say what you mean. Mean what you say. Speak clearly. Ask questions. Clarify things until you understand them.
- A disorganized living and working space. – Clear the clutter. Get rid of stuff you don’t use. Read David Allen’s book Getting Things Donefor some practical organizational guidance.
- Your own tardiness. – Get up 30 minutes earlier so you don’t have to rush around like a mad man. That 30 minutes will help you avoid speeding tickets, tardiness and other unnecessary headaches.
- Pressure to fit in with the crowd. – Oftentimes, the only reason others want you to fit in is that once you do they can ignore you and go about their business. Don’t conform. Be you, because that’s the only person you can be.
- An unhealthy body. – Your health is your life. Don’t let it go. Eat right, exercise and get an annual physical check-up. The 4-Hour Body is an insightful and entertaining read on this topic.
- Fear of change. – Life is change. Every day is different. Every day is a new beginning and a new ending. Embrace it and make the best of it.
- All work and no play. – Enjoy yourself and have a little fun while you can. If you’re smiling, you’re doing something right.
- People or beauty ads that make you feel inadequate. – Good looks attracts the eyes. Personality attracts the heart. Be proud to be you. You are already beautiful.
- Not getting enough sleep. – A tired mind is rarely productive.
- Doing the same exact thing over and over again. – You are the sum of your life experiences. The more you experience, the more interesting your life story gets.
- Personal greed. – Don’t let greed and deceit get the best of you. Greed will bury even the lucky eventually.
- A mounting pile of debt. – Always live well below your means. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need. Always sleep on big purchases. Create a budget and savings plan and stick to them. Read I Will Teach You To Be Rich.
- Dishonesty. – Living a life of honesty creates peace of mind, and peace of mind is priceless. Period. Don’t be dishonest and don’t put up with people who are.
- Infidelity. – Intimate relationships are a sacred bond – a circle of trust. If both parties aren’t 100% onboard the relationship isn’t worth fighting for.
- An unsafe home. – If you don’t feel safe at home you’ll never feel safe anywhere. Build a loving household in a safe area that you are proud to call ‘home.’
- Being unprepared. – Life is unpredictable. And there’s a big difference between being scared and being prepared. Always be prepared.
- Inaction. – Either you’re going to take action and seize new opportunities or someone else will. You can’t change anything or make any sort of progress by sitting back and thinking about it.
25 Images That Prove Cats Are Jerks – We Rule The Internet
My Depiction Of College via Disney GIFs- Ned Hardy
When to Make the Moves On Her – The Dating Specialist
Naughtiest selfshots on the internet – Knowd
Casting Breakdown for Star Wars, Ep. VII Confirmed – Crowd Ignite
M777 A2 Howitzers firing from FOB Hadrian (19 HQ Photos) – The Brigade
The Top 18 Celebrity Social Media Photos Of The Week – Celebrity Ninja
13 Photos That Shatter Your Image of Famous People – Linkiest
Brazilian Model Michella Cruz Bikini & Swimwear Photos – G-Celeb
The Six Ways You Can Try To Get Out Of The Friend Zone – Double Viking
Girls Get Even Cuter with Glasses – Bro My God
Melissa Gorga is in a bikini…looking good! – Celeb Slam
The Wonders of German Engineering: Vader’s TIE Fighter – Unreality Mag
She’s Uncoachable: Tatiana Platon is Shockingly Sexy – Uncoached
15 Selfies That Will Sizzle Your Monitor – Regretful Morning
Nicole from Minnesota is a damn hot college coed – Big 10 Tens
Porrn Star Jenna Presley Loves the Jesus Now – The Smoking Jacket
Elisabeth van Tergouw is a blonde bombshell – Brosome
The 25 Funniest Job Resumes Of All Time – World Wide Interweb
25 Pictures Of Hotties In The Kitchen – Super Booyah
Jessica Biel Flaunts The Booty That Convinced J.T. To Get Hitched – Moe Jackson
22 of the world’s happiest dog – OMG Cute Things
I’m choosing Wolverine. His invincible adamantium skeleton and claws plus his healing powers, which makes him virtually immortal will shred through each and everyone one of these guys.