n. the inexplicable urge to push people away, even close friends who you really like—as if all your social tastebuds suddenly went numb, leaving you unable to distinguish cheap politeness from the taste of genuine affection, unable to recognize its rich and ambiguous flavors, its long and delicate maturation, or the simple fact that each tasting is double-blind.
Emma Watson to 5 year old boy: Excuse me, are you Harry Potter? That’s great, because I’m Hermonie Granger and we’re best of friends. More Emma Watson pics here
Saying bye to a girl after the first date
When I pass someone walking into the bathroom I just crapped in
By Nick Notas
In my previous article, I shared with you my “selfishness epiphany”. I told you how I once believed going after what I wanted and needed was wrong. And it was only when I realized that making yourself a priority is perfectly healthy that I became a liberated, fulfilled man. Now I want to show you how to get there yourself.
Understand that cannot think your way into becoming an honest man. If you plan on reading this and expect to change immediately, it’s not happening. I’ve tried that route and it doesn’t work — you have to lead with actions and your mindset will follow.
Start applying the examples below today. No more waiting and no more frustration being second place.
- Express your sexual intentions and desires with women. Follow my guide toovercoming sexual anxiety.
- Politely refuse to help someone when you truly don’t want to or have time to.
- Make a decision and choose where you want to take your date/girlfriend on a Friday night. Don’t just flip flop between “Where do you wanna go?” and “I don’t know, you pick.” Be decisive and take the lead.
- State your opposing opinion to someone without being confrontational. Hold your ground. “No way, there are plenty of metal songs with good lyrics.” “I disagree, the war on drugs has been a complete failure.”
- For every girl you meet and have more than a minute of conversation, ask for her number. Do this regardless of whether or not you think you’ll get a yes.
- When you find yourself apologizing, think back over the event and determine if you actually needed to apologize. Many times we say sorry out of habit or insecurity. Consciously stop yourself from unnecessary apologies in the future.
- Invite a girl you’ve been texting or chatting with (online dating) to do something that interests you.
- If you truly feel overworked and underpaid, ask your boss for a raise. Know there are potential consequences. (Disclaimer: I take no responsibility in what results from this action…unless it’s good.)
- Ask a girl for directions to the nearest Barnes and Noble (or wherever you’re going). Chat for a minute and then ask if she’d like to come along with you.
- Negotiate a lower price. This can be done at places such as flea markets, yard sales, or outdoor festivals.