For all of the guys struggling with getting matches on dating apps
I been getting consistent matches and a decent amount of girls even like my profile first.
My demographic: 28, large city, asian american (least swiped on race statistically so if I can do it you guys can too), appearance wise I am the fit nerdy type.
The fact is most girls as in over 90% are looking for a relationship rather than a casual hookup. If you’re competing on the hookup game chances are you will not succeed. I got off any apps with hookup stigma like Tinder. I went for CoffeeMeetsBagel and Hinge instead.
- No selfies (few folks here suggest a tripod setup instead)
- Try to avoid pictures with other people (main reason is that it is sometimes difficult to figure out who you are, try to make it obvious at least)
- Try keeping your shirt on. Shirtless on the beach hanging out with friends? Cool. Shirtless bathroom selfie? No.
- Clear photos of yourself showing at least 2/3 of your upper body
- No face coverings like sunglasses if possible 1 is fine (this applies to women too like I wanna see what you look like this just screams insecurity)
- Picture with an animal helps (girls love that shit)
- Picture of you doing a hobby you enjoy
- Try to max out the amount of pictures your app allows
- Use a professional photographer if all your friends photography skills suck (try to keep things candid and non-stiff)
- Yes, this makes a difference and they do read it. It shows effort
- Be clear about what you are looking for in a women
- Showcase your hobbies
- Throw in some humor
- Mention something about food and/or travel. Without fail every girl I dated could talk endlessly about these two things (but only if you’re into it as well)
- Edit: Avoid talking about yourself negatively unless its clear its part of a punchline ( I thought this was a no brainer but very few people want to date someone who doesn’t like themselves first )
- Edit: It pays off to be bold and to put your genuine self out there. Non-generic profiles are more memorable and stand out. For example if you like this weird specific thing mention it.
- If you’re really struggling, delete and recreate your profile. I am pretty sure if you are new to the app the algo tends to show you to more girls to entice you early on.