1. Many people try NoFap because they think it will give them “superpowers” – better mood, better focus, more attractive etc. No, you will experience those things, but not because you’re gaining something. You’ll experience those things by bringing yourself back to normal, by healing your reward system.
This shit is not a joke. Your reward system doesn’t know the difference between you watching porn and you being intimate with a real person. Your conscious self is obviously aware of what you’re doing, but to your brain’s reward system you’re being successful. It rewards you with some dopamine. But guess what? It gets bored. You become less and less sensitive to that dopamine and require more and more novel and hard core material. This hijacks your reward system. This fucks you up.
Please kick this habit and allow yourself to experience your adolescent years with a healthy reward system. Give yourself the opportunity to grow with someone naturally, without your expectations for intimacy and sex being influenced by what you see in porn. Please don’t deprive yourself of years in which you could have been strengthening your delayed gratification “muscle”, your willpower.
You may look back on these years and realize that porn lead you to lose “the one that got away”, or that the time you spent watching porn and the corresponding loss of willpower prevented you from paving the path towards reaching your full potential. Please understand how serious of an issue this is and how real the effects of it can become.
Best of luck to everyone on this journey
2. How has No fapping helped me?
– I have been going to the gym religiously to release my excess energy and stress (I used to fap then feel depressed about myself)
-Going to the gym now has given me abs that I didn’t know I even had or have thought I would ever achieve. Everybody is complimenting me now which is very weird because I used to be a skinny fat nerd.
-NoFap has increased my life force meaning I don’t deplete it once or twice a day through ejaculation. I would used to get really excited about life and when I did I ejaculate and become right back down again. It became a cycle.
-With more life force > the more charisma/aura you have > The more charisma/aura you have the more attractive you become inside and out.
-I still get Horny and when I do I would seek out another consenting partner to share intimacy with. Having passionate sex is rewarding. Actually having any form of safe sex is rewarding.
-My confidence has skyrocketed. I used to be shy but now I don’t really give a flying F what people think and just be myself.
-Been getting alot of wet dreams lately, the body will release and balance itself out 😉
-Skin still clearish. Depends on your diet/lifestyle but noFap definately helps.
3. Honestly, during the first month I was paying attention to benefits. But after the 1 month mark I just got busy with my life that I completely forgot about NoFap the benefits came naturally and I didn’t give much attention to them.
Needless to say right now. I’m in my best. Obviously, more productive more motivated etc.. But what’s more interesting is : Enthusiasm about life! I was always determined and optimistic about my goals. But before I felt like I needed people to see me as cool as a successful person etc.. I felt that was what made me happy, but in reality that was pretty much like fapping not really meaningful when you chase that attention and admiration from people you just become chasing people rather than your cherished goals.
But right now I am just enjoying it, the moment i am enjoying the journey and in fact I feel I started radiating a different vibe and I get even more attraction and admiration because I am not trying to look cool for anybody i am just doing the things that excite me because it’s my own life experience.
In regards of female attraction I am single and have been throughout the whole nofap journey. But I honestly don’t feel any need to get a girlfriend right now even though I am gaining so much more female attention than before. But I am not actively chasing it. I know I will meet the right person at the right time so right now i’m focusing on my own growth. A few weeks ago I discovered Wim Hof and the wim hof method. And right now i am on week 2 of the classic 10 weeks wim hof course.
The really interesting thing is I coincidentally started it at around the 80 days mark so it felt like leaving PMO was the first level to my personal and spiritual growth and right now i am doing the 10 weeks wim hof method and in those 10 weeks i am completely abstaining from drinking and weed and drugs in general.
Porn is just not part of my life anymore. I might get horny but the thought of watching porn videos is so distant right now it’s not even considerable.
4. Day 900. I’m still on the streak. I’m sure everyone now wants to hear about the so called “benefits you have” from such a long NoFap journey… Mental strength? Increased concentration? Chick magnet?
I have earned something more: I’ve earned TIME and WILLPOWER.
TIME that I saved from flapping, the worst way to spend your day.
WILLPOWER that I mastered by staying out of PMO.
With those two elements you can do whatever you want in your life.
During this NoFap journey I learned that NoFap is not about “not doing something” it’s about “you want something? Work hard and earn it”
That’s the secret.
At the time I was a fapper I looked at myself in a mirror every morning and I thought I wanted to stop fapping. From that day I started my journey, with sacrifice and dedication, and here I am. Now, every morning I look at myself in a mirror and ask myself “What can I do to grow up? To be a better person?” and every single day I work hard to do it.
I don’t have a nice body, so now I’m working out.
I wasn’t able to pick up girls. I started going out, facing my fears of rejection, talked to thousands of girls, and went out with several of them. Now my friends ask me to teach them how to do it.
I sucked at university. I changed my way of studying and now I have only one exam left before graduation.
I am out of sexual instinct slavery. I can look at a beautiful girl an see her in a non-sexual way. I won against human istinct of reproduction. In that way I can choose exactly the kind of person I want to have next to me.
The only advice I can give you is: don’t expect anything to come because of NoFap. NoFap is just the journey that makes you strong enough to achieve all your goals.
But remember, NoFap won’t do the work for you.
5. Some changes after 1200 Days:
Less anxiety in general, and more comfortable in my own skin: I used to mostly walk around with a sense of guilt/fear that I was living a double life, or that I couldn’t be truly myself when I was intentionally hiding my PMO from everyone in my life. This is the best and most lasting benefit in my opinion, because I no longer feel like I am keeping a part of who I am as a person out of my relationship with my friends and loved ones. I still have personal issues and areas where I wish I was a better person, but I feel able to share these and invite others into helping me get better at them.
Ability to have friends that are women: I am married, but it wasn’t until around day 450 of my current streak that I got married. I find that nofap in addition to being married has helped me form healthier and better relationships with women. I’m so grateful that I’ve never PMO’d since getting engaged to my wife, and we don’t have to deal with the issues that PMO addiction brings to so many marriages. I’ve also been surprised by the ability to form good platonic relationships with female co-workers and with my wife’s girlfriends. Before NoFap, it was much harder for me to not have lustful thoughts around attractive women, even the ones that were my friends, and that always distracted me from being able to really be a good friend to them. I still have the occasional lustful thought, but I no longer dwell on them as I used to in the past. I think this has made me a better friend to the women in my life.
Increased ability to focus in and accomplish goals or learn new skills: I have always been one of the smartest in school, but it was normally coupled with laziness, since things came naturally to me. Since Nofap, I’ve been able to learn new skills such as how to play the guitar, and I’ve also noticed an increased willingness to be in uncomfortable situations, such as public speaking, volunteering to help lead a project, or speaking up when I think someone needs to be called out on something.
Better relationship with God: I would be remiss to not mention this since it was the primary driver behind my desire to start nofap. 5 years ago i could only think about how I needed to stop PMO because I nee it was hurting my relationship with God. Now, I’m able to see how utterly sinful my desires are in every area of my life, and how I desperately need a savior from myself. I’m thankful that God has opened my eyes to the see that fixing all of my issues is impossible on my own strength.
There are a whole host of the typical short-term benefits of nofap that I experienced over the first month, such as increased energy, sexual drive, hyper mental clarity, and more intense interaction with women, however most of these fades for me, and I would attribute them to the process of my brain’s rewiring. Overall, I still have less brainfog than I used to, and maybe a bit more energy, but I think my body has adapted to a “new normal” so to speak.
6. I’ve been on/off no fap for over 2 years now, with a current streak of 15 days. After many relapses and attempts, one “benefit” seems to always reoccur once I have a decent streak going. And that is a stronger attraction for females I did not find attraction before. For example, this girl I work with never seemed attractive to me. She is a nice girl, but I never felt like she was hot. Yesterday at work, I saw her and looked in her eyes to talk to her about something work related and asked myself, “wow when did she get kinda hot?” She didn’t look any different than before, she just seemed more attractive to me. I think porn really damages our standards to unrealistic expectations and leaves us always wanting more from women. Thank God this can be fixed with no fap.
7. Haven’t fapped in over a year here are the benefits:
- No longer rely on pornography to be horny. My brain wants girls.
- Strong boners and more enjoyable sex
- Able to talk to girls like they’re people and not something I can put my dick inside.
- My voice is stronger and my mind is more clear
- I no longer want to stay at the house all the time I crave adventures with friends there’s nothing more enjoyable.
- Able to set goals with my relationships, exercise, etc.
The only cons are flatlines and wet dreams which happen very often but are now much more manageable and I feel more like a man. I don’t let things bring me down as much and am able to remind myself to be strong and continue to improve myself and go out into the world. I’ve experienced so much more this past year and i’m no longer the pathetic shithead I used to be playing video games 24/7 and jerking off multiple times a day.
I can’t attribute all these to nofap but it helped put me in the right mindset. The main thing was that the brain-fog and anxiety feeling from fapping was removed.
8. Porn wires your brain to become a “voyeur"
Porn trains your brain to become a “voyeur” who watches “others” have sex instead of seeking it. It programs the brain to be a spectator instead of an active participant in one’s sexual life.
This “voyeurism” extends (subconciously) to other areas of one’s life as he “watches” others succeed, achieve goals, and get the girls of his dreams.
My observation may seem far fetched, but that’s the truth. To prove it’s the truth, look at what happens when someone quits PMO. He becomes more social, approaches that girl he was afraid of approaching, gets shit done, smashes that job interview, gets high grades and works on improving himself in many areas of his life.
He becomes an active participant in life instead of a spectator.
This has been my experience for a long time, and i’m sure many will relate. This is one of the biggest and the most powerful benefits of Nofap/No PMO – the feeling of being part of life and not the opposite. Stick to Nofap, it always works.
9. I think people need to start to realise that there is no such thing as “benefits” or “superpowers” when it comes to quitting your porn addiction. Now the truth is, from my experiences is, all that is happening when you are quitting Porn, YOU are just becoming YOU again. And your TRUE self, free from any addictions or compulsive behaviours is CONFIDENT, FILLED WITH ENERGY, MOTIVATED, CREATIVE, PASSIONATE and EMPATHETIC. Nofap is not some magic hocus pocus pseudo science bullshit. Its fucking real. Your brain starts to rewire and your dopamine sensitivy is returning back to normal once you cut off this filthy addiction. So what im suggesting here is, instead of calling it superpowers because that makes it seem less real and serious, just realise YOU are returning to YOUR TRUE SELF. Nothing more, nothing less. Take this serious. If you want to reach your goals, your desires, your dreams…if you want to become succesful..you cant be a fucking porn addict with a fucked up brain chemistry.