1. I went to one of my works nights out at a local bowling place. I kept glancing over at this gorgeous girl over in the other lane and occasionally noticing her glancing back.
After about half an hour of debating with myself I decided to just go over and speak to her, because what’s the worst that can happen right? So I walk over and start speaking to her usual flirty stuff and I feel we hit it off nicely, so confidently I walk back to my lane and continue the night as normal and end up home. A sudden fear hits the back of my head that I didn’t give her my name, number or any means of contacting me… I blew it!
So I go to sleep, and wake up the next morning to discover a Facebook friend request from the girl, so I obviously accept and message her the usual formalities and then ask the glaring question: How did you get my name? Her reply was “you yelled that’s how (insert my full name) does it you mother fuckers after getting a strike,”. I’ve never both hated and loved myself so much for that moment… But it worked out, we’ve been together in a long distance relationship for 2 years and it’s safe to say I’m in love.
2. I joined a class for people who had lost their way or were just struggling to get started in life, it was either that or I’d probably end up in jail
She was one of the classmates, because she didn’t know what to do with her life
She seemed too nice for someone like me so I wasn’t trying to win her over but we spoke a bit, and found we got along quite well
One day I was messing around with a ball and showing of I tripped and landed awkwardly knocking the foot out of place, tried to ignore it but the ankle started swelling up and teacher took me to hospital
Came back a few days later for a charity event but since I was in crutches I was just supposed to watch, another boy in the class was paired with her and she was clearly uncomfortable, I hobbled on over and took his place she was happy, I invited her for a drink and then we ended up going out that night
I was in a bad place at that point in my life but she helped me and fixed me up, we have 2 kids now and been together nearly 16 years, moving into a new house today, we’ve been through alot to get to this point but things are good
4. At a party of a mutual friend group. I was hanging out when he walked in. I knew this group for a couple years, but never met this guy. Turned out he lived in the next state over while he was in school. We were introduced and started talking. We ended up talking all night. It was the easiest conversation I ever had. It all felt so natural.
Side note: There were many times when we should have met but didn’t. When he lived in my state we worked next store to each other and he used to come in to my work all the time (coffee shop). And he was at several parties that I didn’t attend. It’s for the best because I had a boyfriend at the time and he was still in his “bad boy” phase.
A couple weeks later I get a message on Myspace from the guy. We start talking and decide to meet at the halfway point for a date. The rest, as they say, is history. Been in love ever since.
5. We worked together. He sent out an email saying he was quitting. I always thought he was handsome so I emailed him saying we should meet up for a goodbye drink. Our company offered him more money and a better position in the company so he ended up not quitting. We met up getting a drink anyway. Neither of us were sure what we were for months. We got drinks after work and went on “dates” but weren’t physical because we worked together. One day, we went hiking and then back to his house. It was a beautiful day and we were on the hammock. He kissed me and the rest is history. Soon after he moved in with me, we got engaged a few months later. We were married 3 months after we got engaged. We had our son the next year. We are very happy together and I am thankful for him everyday.
6. I was hiking up the mountain with a group of friends, 3m:3f so even ratio. He was hiking alone with his Saint bernard. My Great pyrenees wasn’t with me bc she was too old for that difficult of a hike but seeing as I am a fellow big dog lover and owner, I ran up to pet his dog. I said, “he’s still a puppy isn’t he?” He responded, “yeah, how’d you know that?” I said, “his hips are still taller than his shoulders.” Small talk and then we part ways to continue our climbs. He continues down. We continue up. My friend asks me why I didn’t ask him out. About five minutes later I turn around and race after him. I somehow catch him and gracefully suggest a dog date, if he doesn’t have a sitch of course. He immediately says yes and asks for my number. Every year we spend our anniversary on the same hike. Thankfully the dogs fell in love as fast as we did too!
7. We worked at Wendy’s together when I was in high school. The first day we worked together, she stayed an hour late so she could smoke a joint with me. The next day we worked together, she came up and hip bumped me at the frosty machine and said “hey there sexy!”
That was 19 years ago, and we’re still together. We have an amazing son and I love my life.
8. In a class of 700 students, I saw this girl sitting quietly on her own. For some reason from across the room she fascinated me. The next day I started seeing her in all of my classes. Not exactly impossible, general requirement courses for the same degree and our timetables matched up.
I finally said fuck it and introduced myself when I found her taking the same bus home from university. It was a short conversation about nothing, she got off before I did. Next day I saw her in the cafeteria, walked up and out of the blue told her she was coming to eat lunch with me and my friends.
To this day, she doesn’t remember the brief conversation on the bus and swears the first time I ever talked to her was when I told her she was eating lunch with us. Married for a little over a year, together for five by now.
9. One day in college, I was taking a walk in a park, and I saw her sitting on a bench and wearing a really beautiful dress. I went up and told her, “Your dress is really pretty!” She was like, “Oh my gosh, thank you SO MUCH!” and started to cry in my arms, explaining that she had been having a really shitty day. One thing ultimately led to another, and we’ve now been married for three wonderful years.
10. It was my first day working on my very first movie set.
I was the on set costumer (basically anything to do with actor’s clothing was my job).
It was a kids movie so obviously there were a lot of kid actors running around. As I walked to set for the first time from the trailers one of the kids pointed to a man I had never met and said to me, “that guy loves you” loud enough for both of us to hear.
I was mortified.
But I looked at him and smiled and said, “apparently you love me”. He said, “I guess I do”.
We celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary in August.
11. I met the love of my life in Art Appreciation class back in college. We were both 18 yrs old. We noticed each other from across the auditorium. He started sitting right behind me. Eventually, after talking in class for a while we went for a walk at the mall. It happened to be Halloween, so everybody was in costumes except for us. Very magical and surreal, now that i think about it. We ended up talking in the parking lot for hours. I asked him if he would get in trouble with his parents for being out so late. He nonchalantly said, “nah.” Well, 14 yrs, 2 kids, and a house later, he confessed that his mom called the police and reported him missing because it was 2am and he wasn’t home yet.