1. “Where’s my hug?” If you have to force a hug you don’t have a “hug level relationship” with that person.
2. Saying anything along the lines of “you’re perfect” upon minutes of meeting.
3. I have a large tattoo on my shoulder, and I’ve had several men come up from behind, and move my tank top strap and bra strap to see it better. It’s been mostly in grocery stores and Lowe’s of all places.
4. That hassling you for a date because you don’t have a bf is not okay.
‘But you don’t have a bf…’
The point is dude, I’d rather be single than date you. Take the bloody hint.
5. My wife had a boss that would come up behind the ladies and start giving them shoulder massages… not cool dude.
She was a resident at a hospital. The guy doing it was an attending physician. He did it to all the female residents. Not that it matters but he was in his 50’s and kind of looked like Danny Devitos Penguin. It was bad because the power dynamic between residents and attending made it hard to say much, especially at the time.
6. When I am walking down the sidewalk, follow me slowly in a car while trying to talk to me. I fucking hate this.
7. Putting their hands on your thigh or back casually while talking to you. If I’m being friendly it’s not a signal for you to touch me. Far too many co-workers, creepy uncles, etc. find this ok!
8. I don’t have ac in my car but it’s so hot where I live so my windows are always down. When I come to a red light men try to talk to me from their vehicles and it makes me wildly uncomfortable because I obviously can’t get away.
9. Block an exit while trying to start a conversation. Just.don’t do it EVER.
10. When strange men approach me and start asking personal questions like we’re on a first date.
11. When they walk behind you they either touch your lower back or give your shoulders a squeeze. Those things are only okay for my husband to do. No one else. It isn’t cute or endearing. It’s extremely uncomfortable to deal with and makes women avoid you or cringe when you’re near.
12. Follow you around while you’re out, because they want to keep talking to you after you’ve already made 2 attempts to end the conversation.
13. Constantly pushing for a date after saying we aren’t interested. Like a high school boy having a crush and the girl saying “I just like you as a friend…” and they keep pushing like she’ll fall in love. Sorry that’s just a fairytale. Please stop after we say we don’t like you. No hard feelings! We just don’t want to date you.
14. Honking, yelling or some form of catcalling while I’m running or even just walking down the street.
15. Restrict movement in any way. Pinning me in a corner, holding my wrist down, blocking my escape, etc may make you feel powerful but it makes me worry I will be trapped for awhile and then dead.