1. My experience of being loved by a girl is that it is an amazing feeling that is hard to describe concisely. She has accepted me for who I am, deemed me worthy, and has decided to make me a significant part of her life. In order for that to work, I am also accepting her and deeming her worthy enough for me. She is the person I think of first whenever I hear a new joke. If I taste something amazing, I make sure that she gets some if it too, because I want her to experience it. My happiness is somewhat bound to her happiness. Seeing her smile makes me smile. When she is not feeling well I want to be there to take care of her. Much of love is bundled up in the act of returning the love.
To be loved by a girl is to always know that you have someone to talk to. I can cry in front of her and know that she won’t judge me. She knows me inside and out and still loves me. Knowing that I have someone who knows me so well and still considers me a good person makes me feel very confident and secure. Knowing that she values me makes me want to be a better person. I know that I am her best friend, and she is mine. We have gobs of inside jokes. When I need honest advice that I know I can trust, I go to her.
2. It feels like playing a very hard video game level then all of a sudden a player 2 joins in, and even if the level doesn’t become any easier, it becomes way more fun and definitely memorable. You’ve got someone to watch Netflix with. You’ve got someone who will sing with you when your favorite song comes on. You’ve got someone who’ll help you out in the kitchen. You’ve got someone to snuggle up with.
3. It’s like she gave you a loaded weapon that could easily kill her, trusting that you will not use it. Absolute vulnerability that just makes you wanna make her the safest and happiest person in the world.
4. Absolutely a 10/10, would recommend experience. Your heart beats faster when you see her, and it feels surreal when she is excited to see you. When you two kiss, you can sense her feelings for you. In fact, every single thing she does with you, every hug, every back rub, every time she holds your hand, every time she lays her head on your shoulder or chest, feels like a genuine show of her feelings for you. She makes you feel like the best man you can be.
5. When you’re a couple in love, you truly love her, and she truly loves you, you are complete in a way that’s hard to understand until you’ve been there. There’s a reason people call their significant other their “better half”. It’s not me and her, it’s us.
I want you to pause and reflect on that for half a second. Us. It’s a feeling of fulfillment in a part of you that you might not even know about until it happens, because it’s… It’s like being blind but suddenly you see.
There’s a phrase that goes something like, “Love is patient. Love is understanding.” etc etc. But while that’s true, love is also an understanding in and of itself. It’s an entire new sense. A limb you didn’t know you have. A piece of your brain that is unlocked. Love songs make sense. Art looks different. You mature in some ways, and feel blissfully young in others. To sum it up in a few words, you change, wholly, irrevocably, and I’d like to think for the better.
On the flip side, it’s the single most painful experience you will ever have. Your heart is entwined with a living breathing person, and when she hurts, you’ll bleed inside. When she’s sad, when she’s angry, when she’s hurt, when she’s sick, it burns and thrashes inside you.
Empathy was the greatest and hardest lesson I learned from my first real love, and it changed how I interacted with the people around me in a big way. I grew into a better person. I became more confident, because she believed in me. I became more comfortable with myself, because she loved me despite everything I hated about myself. I became kinder, because I wanted her to be proud of me. I worked on myself in any way I could think of because she didn’t become a part of my world. She was my world.
It was life changing, and I’ve never been the same since then. I could wax poetic for weeks like this, but I should probably bring it to a close so I don’t make an idiot of myself.
6. Once you get past the infatuation phase, it’s kinda like a warm fuzzy blanket.
I love snuggling up to my wife, doing things together, & spoiling her with random gifts. Seeing her smile makes my stress melt away.
Sure, we bang too, but for me, it’s more about knowing that all is right in my life. We share moments that make me feel like I’m having a pleasant dream during a nap under the sun. But I’m not dreaming. It’s real.
And that makes me smile from the heart.
7. Better than any drug out there.
8. It’s nice. Having an open line of communication with someone, without fear of being judged or ridiculed.
She takes care of you, and you take care of her.
You both listen to eachother about anything – whether it’s about your day at work, or family issues you might be having.
She is comfort for you when there is none elsewhere. She feels comfortable around you to be herself.
She makes you feel powerful, strong and tall. Even in your weakest moment she will make you feel like the best man you can be.
She is so attracted to you, so loyal and respectful. She embraces you at the end of every bad or good day, and it just feels right.
She has a dependency on you, to comfort her and do everything she does for you in return.
There is nothing you can do to disgust her. You can wake up in the morning, look like shit, have bad breath and a mess of bed hair, she will still kiss you and smile.
And because of all that, when she looks at you every day, the same way she has since you met, she says “I love you”, you know she means it.
9. I remember what it felt like. You wake up with this feeling that you can accomplish anything. Wherever you go, whatever you do, you feel powerful and capable. You don’t give a shit about what others think of you, you stop overthinking for no reason, you just do it. You are at the right place at the right time every time, because you figure out a way to make every moment an opportunity. You feel all of this because somewhere in all this space and noise, you know there’s this beautiful person that loves every detail of you, someone that accepts you for who you are, no matter what. You love her, she loves you, and that gives you incredible strength. That makes you live with ambition. That makes you live with so much confidence. You walk around like nothing can break you.
I hope I can live it again, I wish you to live it too.
10. It feels like everything you had to go through to get to that point was worth it.