The early days of romance were a dizzying dance of stolen glances, lingering touches, and playful innuendo. You crafted witty comebacks, surprised them with love notes on their desk, and reveled in the thrill of igniting that spark. But somewhere along the way, as laundry piles replaced candlelit dinners and sweatpants eclipsed silky dresses, did the flirting fade?
While the honeymoon phase inevitably mellows, it doesn’t have to spell the end of playful seduction. In fact, flirting with your partner, even years down the line, is vital for a vibrant, connected relationship. Here’s why:
1. It keeps the flame alive. Remember that butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling? Flirting reignites that spark, reminding you of your initial attraction and keeping the desire alive. A playful wink, a suggestive text mid-day, or a surprise serenade in the kitchen can reignite that passionate energy, proving that you still see them as desirable and exciting.
2. It fosters deeper connection. Flirting isn’t just about physical attraction; it’s about expressing playful affection and reminding your partner that they’re on your mind. Whispering sweet nothings in their ear, leaving handwritten poems scattered around the house, or playfully teasing them shows you still notice and appreciate the little things that make them unique.
3. It boosts confidence and self-esteem. Feeling desired is like an instant mood booster. When you flirt with your partner, you’re not just complimenting them, you’re subtly affirming their attractiveness and reminding them of the power they hold over you. This mutual appreciation is a win-win, strengthening your bond and boosting each other’s confidence.
4. It adds spice to the routine. Life can get monotonous, but flirting throws a dash of adventure into the mix. A spontaneous dance in the kitchen, a whispered invitation for a late-night rendezvous, or simply sending a “thinking of you” text adds a spark of excitement and reminds you that even the ordinary can be extraordinary with the right person.
5. It strengthens communication and intimacy. Flirting encourages playful banter, inside jokes, and a shared language of desire. It creates a safe space for expressing affection in non-verbal ways, deepening your emotional connection and building a foundation of trust and vulnerability.
Remember, flirting isn’t about perfection. It’s about the effort, the intention, and the fun of keeping the romance alive. So, dust off your old playbook, unleash your inner Casanova, and rediscover the joy of making your partner blush. Write them a poem, leave a love note on their car windshield, or surprise them with a candlelit dinner for two.
No matter how long you’ve been together, never underestimate the power of a well-placed compliment, a mischievous wink, or a playful text. Keep the flirting alive, and you’ll keep the spark glowing in your relationship for years to come.
Never stop flirting.
Say the flirtiest, cheesiest and even naughtiest things you can think of to catch her off guard often. Charisma and being funny certainly helps, but even if you’re not the most charming person out there just attempting to flirt and show how attractive she is to you goes so damn far. Make her blush. Make her feel like the sexiest woman to you. Even if she knows she’s not the sexiest woman alive, that won’t matter as long as she sees it in your eyes that you feel that way.
Flirt with her while you workout together, while you cook together, while you shop together, while you clean together. Sprinkle in innuendo, give her light touches, caresses, hugs, kisses. Kiss her cheeks, her forehead, her nose.
Do random things for her, grab a blanket for her when she’s on the couch reading even if she doesn’t seem cold she never turns it down! Refill her water bottle for her. Make her lunch unexpectedly , or get up early and make her coffee. Little things add up. Obviously buy flowers randomly and not just on special occasions.
Listen to her! When she mentions something she likes or has hobbies she’s passionate about go out and research that stuff to learn about it so you can talk to her about it and ask questions that make her know you are listening to her, and then surprise her with that perfect gift to show her that you are supportive of the things she loves. Holy fuck guys this goes so far with your spouse, she’ll absolutely adore you.
Plan date nights! I take my wife out every two weeks on Friday. We pick something to do and we go do it. Sometimes it’s staying in and cooking a nice dinner over cocktails or wine together, or playing a boardgame at the table just the two of us, sometimes it’s a fancy dinner or shopping for a new outfit for her.
I guess in short. Never stop chasing her.